This recipe is based out of the recipe for Coconut Cupcakes in the 2012 Food Lovers Calendar - seriously yummy!!!
I thought seeing as it was almost there with the Coconut cream instead of milk etc, that I would take it one step further and remove the butter as well! And the result was.... perfect!!
Here is the recipe:
160g coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence + 1 vanilla bean OR 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
240g coconut cream (or 1 can Ayam Coconut cream)
430g SR flour
1 tsp baking powder (homemade - in Basics section of Everday Cookbook)
Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 x 12 hole muffin tins with patty cases.
1. Place sugar and vanilla bean in TM Bowl. Mill for 15 Seconds, Speed 10
2. Add coconut oil and mix 10 seconds on Speed 4 (my oil was solidified because of the cold and worked well!)
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix for 20 Seconds on Speed 7 or until combined
4. Spoon mixture into patty cases and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool before icing.
I did try to experiment with a dairy free frosting as well, but I also tried to lessen the recipe and it all ended in... well, a NOT great result! And no ingredients left (a rarity!). So a sprinkle of icing sugar it was!!!
1. Don't have your 4 and 6 year old boys helping if you don't want it to take about 45 minutes to fill the patty cases.
2. That's it for this one - I think it would be fairly hard to wreck it!!
I don't claim to be an expert cook. Or a fancy cook. In fact, I never used to really enjoy cooking. So this is mostly about low fuss, filling and tasty meals, and really just anything I have a go at and decide to share along the way!! My top priority is avoiding additives and preservatives wherever possible closely followed by using whole/less processed/healthier ingredients. But for those who would like conventional options that are quick tasty and cost effective, I would like to share tips on all of these as well!!