In Thermomix Australia news, September purchases receive the Thermomix Kitchen Toolkit for free!!! It's fantastic, I don't even have one but would love one!!! I am still doing Thermomix consulting, so if you are interested in purchasing a Thermomix or know someone who is, then please contact me via email! I would love to finalise any deliveries in September if I can before the bub arrives in October.
Anyway, lately I have moved to completely gluten free for one of my sons. I have been thinking of healthy recipes that are still yummy and easy to eat that I can make and put in the freezer and eat when needed! So this is based on my Spelt banana bread, but is gluten free. I trialled it with coconut flour, but as I am very new to cooking with it, I just couldn't get the mix right, so tried what I came up with below, and I think its a winner!! Again, it just makes a relatively small loaf (I rarely have enough bananas that get to very ripe stage to make a larger loaf!) so you can try to increase quantities for a bigger loaf. Here we go!
100g Brown Rice (organic if you can find it)
50g almonds (again, organic is great!)
3 Very Ripe bananas (I measured approx 300g)
40g Macadamia oil (could use coconut as well)
45g raw honey
45g raw honey
65g dates, cut in half (preservative free)
25g desiccated coconut (I actually used large shredded coconut and it was nice - preservative free)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder (or homemade in the Thermie)
1. Put 100g Brown rice into Thermomix. Grind for 1 min, Speed 9.
2. Add 50g almonds, Grind 30 seconds, Speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add egg, macadamia oil, honey and bananas, mix 15 seconds, speed 5.
4. Add dates, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt, mix 5 - 10 seconds Reverse, Speed 4.
5. Pour into loaf tin, bake 45 - 50 mins approx 180 Degrees (my oven is new and so it may need a little less or little more time if your oven is cooler/hotter).
Enjoy!!! This would be nice with nuts added too.